|Introducing... the world's easiest one-eyed monster cupcakes!|
I originally was going to make the red velvet cupcakes from scratch, but with five finger foods that all required prep time, I decided simplify in this case and settle for a box mix. Duncan Hines has a wonderfully moist cupcake mix that even comes with cream cheese frosting and a piping bag for decorating. The rest just takes a little creative imagination...
Easy One-Eyed Monster CupcakesIngredients:
- Red velvet (or other flavor) cupcake mix
- Ready-made white frosting (if it isn't included)
- Oreos with regular white cream filling
- Small bag of M&Ms or Reese's Pieces
- Follow the box directions to make the cupcakes. When cool, spread white frosting on top of the cupcakes as a smooth, flat base.
- Twist apart the Oreo cookies and keep the cookie half with the cream. Place the cookie half centered on the top of the cupcake, with the cream side facing up.
- Stick an M&M on the Oreo using some of the frosting. I like placing the M&M off-centered so the cupcake monster seems like it's looking around.
|A perfectly-sized smash cake for the 1-year-old birthday boy|
Next up: fun party games for young kids to play! How do you keep the little ones entertained when you have 1- to 10-year-olds in attendance? O_o