|Enviable evidence of my mom-in-law's green thumb|
- 2 large outdoor pots with drainage holes (22" diameter)
- 2 large bags of Miracle-Gro potting soil
- 4 types of plants
- Draping plant - Creeping Jenny
- Short plant - Yellow daylily
- Medium-height plant - Purple meadow sage
- Tall plant - Red Mexican sage
|Finally gettin' some use out of my gardening gloves!|
- Make your garden look interesting by selecting plants of different heights, leaf shapes, textures, and leaf and flower colors.
- Pick flowers that will bloom all season (spring to fall) or bloom multiple times.
- If your garden will be outdoors in full sun, choose hardy, climate-appropriate plants that aren't as high maintenance. In my case, the attendant steered me toward the perennials that require less watering in dry weather and attract hummingbirds.
|A little lopsided, but not too bad :)|
What kind of DIY projects have you been up to this spring?