Instructions for Back Button Placket
- Follow Step 3 working back and forth, not in a round
- Step 4 (WS): Purl all stitches (82).
- Step 5 (RS): To create the overlap for the button placket, use a new needle to pick up the loops on the right side from the 6 stitches you purled in step 3.
- Step 6a: Turn to WS and k6 from the stitches you picked up. Turn to RS.
|Sorry, the yarn should be in the back of the work (my husband was holding it for me so I could take the picture)|
- Step 6b: On RS, k88 and turn. On WS, k6, p76, k6 and then turn. These two rows should be knitted three times in total (6 rows in all). You should end up with something looking like this.
- Step 7: The buttonhole is created with two rows. For the RS buttonhole row, k1, k2tog twice, k1, and then k82 and turn. For the WS buttonhole row, k6, p76, k2, CO 2 between the two k2tog from the previous row (when you're two stitches from the end), k2, and turn.
Hope these close-up pictures help. Best of luck!